JOB POSTING | Assistant Director of Formation
We Are Currently Accepting Applications for the Position of:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FORMATION
Job Posting | Assistant Director of Formation
The Assistant Director of Formation works under the leadership of and in collaboration with the Director of Formation to ensure the quality and efficacy of the pastoral ministry, academics, way of life and faith formation of students enrolled in the programs offered at St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Faith Formation & Pastoral Care
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of St. Therese programs
- Provide a mature and guiding presence to the student body, promoting the spirituality of St. Thérèse of Lisieux
- Manage and coordinate curriculum, class scheduling and instructors to ensure academic excellence and integrity.
- Participate as a member of the teaching faculty
- Contribute to ongoing curriculum development
Liaison & Promotion
- Assist in maintaining and fostering relationships with other academic institutions, apostolates and ministries
- Assist in the recruitment and admission of students
- Maintain open and clear channels of communication with the local parish and Diocese of Saskatoon
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Obtained (or working towards) a minimum M.A. in Theology, Religious Education or equivalent
- Practicing Catholic of good moral character and deep faith, with a understanding of the spirituality of St. Thérèse of Lisieux
- Experience in pastoral care of young adults
- An understanding of the lay apostolate in the Church’s mission
- Ability to develop curriculum and teach courses at the post-secondary level
- Ability to work in a collaboratively
- Leadership, interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills
- Computer literacy, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good personal and time management skills, and able to maintain a flexible schedule.
- Compliant with the Diocese of Saskatoon’s Covenant of Care Protocol (www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/covenant-care)
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT START DATE: mid-August 2018
To Apply for the Above Position:
1) A Cover Letter indicating why you are the best candidate for the position and 2) Curriculum Vitae including references,
and SUBMIT by email to our hiring committee: .
Only emailed submissions will be accepted. Qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange interview.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact us by email
or by calling our office at (306)369-2555 (note: this number does not accept text messages)
- Print Version -- Job Posting - Assistant Director of Formation (149 Downloads)