Kitchen Team, Part-time (1-3 days/week)
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Position: Kitchen Team
Do you have experience cooking for large groups?
Would you like to cook for the most amazing group of students in Canada?
Does a 1-to-3-day/week position with a competitive hourly wage appeal to you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out day-to-day food preparation for 50 students, plus occasional guests
- Assists with food preparation for special events and conferences (70-300 people, approx. 5 times/year)
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, recipes, policies, and procedures
- Cleans food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adheres to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable federal and provincial laws
- Assists Kitchen Manager with all aspects of meal planning, kitchen management such as food inventory and control
- Assists in stocking, receiving, and maintaining sufficient levels of food products
- Reports equipment, food quality or shortage problems to kitchen manager
- Attends scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- Must have experience and aptitude for planning and cooking for large groups
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have current Food Handler certification (or be willing to take online course)
- Are able to take initiative and work independently
- Physically be able to handle the job duties in an industrial kitchen
- Provide an up-to-date criminal record check, including vulnerable sector
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to or drop it off in-person at 650 Ursuline Ave, Bruno, SK.
For more information, contact:
Vicky Serblowski, Interim Executive Director, (306)369-2555 x111, or cell (306)369-7950
Tuesday, 07 June 2022 15:05 Written by StT Admin In Past Job Postings
Latest from StT Admin
Login to post comments