Director of Formation
We Are Currently Accepting Applications for the Position of:
DIRECTOR OF FORMATION
PLEASE PROVIDE: Cover Letter indicating why you are the best candidate for the position and Curriculum Vitae including references.
SUBMIT: by email to Vicky Serblowski, Executive Director: .
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Vicky Serblowski online or by phone (306)369-2555 ext.111.
Recruitment for the position will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Posting | Director of Formation
St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission commits to embracing the New Evangelization by offering Catholic education and formation in a prayerful environment in the charism of the Little Way of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, within the lived experience of Christian community.
The Director of Formation ensures the quality and efficacy of the pastoral ministry, academics, way of life and faith formation of students enrolled in the programs offered at St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Faith Formation & Pastoral Care
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate programming at STI, including but not limited to orientation, core programming, special events, retreats, liturgical celebrations and student activities
- Provide a mature and guiding presence of accompaniment to the student body, attentive to the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the students
- Promote the spirituality of St. Thérèse of Lisieux and the Nazareth family spirit within the
- Manage and coordinate curriculum, class scheduling and instructors to ensure academic excellence and integrity.
- Participate as a member of the teaching faculty
- Facilitate curriculum development
- Provide academic guidance and assistance to students
- Supervise the maintenance of student and academic records
Liaison & Promotion
- Promote the mission and vision of St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission
- Maintain and foster relationships with other academic institutions, apostolates and ministries
- Recruit and assist in the admission of students
- Foster alumni relations
- Maintain open and clear channels of communication with the local parish and Diocese of Saskatoon
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum M.A. in Theology, Religious Education or equivalent
- Practicing Catholic of good moral character and deep faith
- Actively embracing missionary discipleship in personal and professional life as a means of affirming and advancing the mission and vision of St. Therese Institute
- Understanding the spirituality of St. Thérèse of Lisieux and its implication for the Christian life and vocation
- An understanding of the lay apostolate in the Church’s mission as articulated by Vatican II and John Paul II’s Christifidelis Laici
- Ability to develop curriculum and teach courses at the post-secondary level which embody academic excellence, the principles of discipleship, the genius of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, and the rationale for the new evangelization
- Experience in pastoral care of young adults
- Understanding of basic developmental psychology of youth and young adults
- Ability to work in a collaborative model of leadership
- Dynamic leadership, interpersonal, administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with basic MS Office software
- Good personal and time management skills and be able to maintain a flexible schedule.
- The position will be full time including some evenings and weekends according to the needs of the formation program and student community.
- Compliant with the Diocese of Saskatoon’s Covenant of Care Protocol (www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/covenant-care)
- Job_Posting_-_Director_of_Formation_-_20171208.pdf (100 Downloads)