Saturday, May 30, 2020, from 2:00-4:00pm at www.youtube.com/user/StThereseInstitute
Join us virtually as we officially wrap up this year of the St. Therese faith formation program in honoring, praying with and for, and commissioning the 2019-2020 students.
Schedule of events:
- 2pm Live-stream Mass from the St. Therese Chapel, celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen.
- 3pm* Commissioning Blessing of all the students from this 2019-2020 formation year, a time of thanksgiving, and intercession for each individual student.
- Following the commissioning:
- Valedictorian address: Andrea Bator
- First year student testimonies: Kalista Nugent, Keelin Kennedy, Jacob Anderson, and Mathieu Gaucher.
- Second year student testimonies: Janelle Ryan and Isaac Bourke.
- Therese Apostolic Year testimony: Gabby Marshall
- Words from St. Therese Staff / Thank you’s / Closing remarks
Tune in Live Sat., May 30, 2-4pm @ www.youtube.com/user/StThereseInstitute
Some tips on “how to celebrate commissioning at home.”
We encourage you to make this day special at home for yourself as a participating student, or family/friend of the students. This is truly a communal celebration! Even though we cannot all be physically present at this time, we can certainly hold one another in each of our hearts through our union with Jesus. Here’s a few of our tips to intentionally celebrate this day!
- Hold one another in prayer, especially for the intentions of this year’s class.
- Tune In to the live-stream with your family/household. Commissioning has always been a celebration with friends and family, tuning in with those you live with is a great way to celebrate in communion.
- Dress up. Sure you can watch in your sweats, but it doesn’t it just feel good to get all fancy for such an occasion?
- Do a photo shoot. Take some photos with your family/household to help remember this day. Post on social media platforms and share with the St. Therese family how you celebrated!
- Make a special dinner. What is a celebration without a feast!
- Have a social. Have your own little local social celebration with family/household/Covid cohort after the live-stream events (virtually or in person following all local social distancing safety regulations).
What is the "Commissioning" at St. Therese?
Want to get a deeper understanding of what “commissioning” is? Tune into the latest Little Way-Word podcast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS93ZZz7r0s (premiere's Wed., May 27 @ 10am CT/MDT).
Meet the students who will be studying, praying and journeying in the 2019-2020 Faith Formation Program at St. Therese Institute!
We're excited to welcome the 20 First Year and 15 Second Year faith formation program students, as well as the 6 young adults who will be piloting our new STAY (St. Therese Apostolic Year) program!
Say hello this the St. Therese students for the 2017-18 school year. It's an absolute JOY to have them from all across Canada!
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry and Blessed Christmas. Thank you for the gift that your prayers, presence, and generosity have been to us over this past year.
St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus — Pray for Us.
from The Staff and Students at St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission
PS: Our donations office will be closed through January 4. If you would like to give a year-end donation,
please email Vicky Serblowski to arrange, or visit our online donation page at www.St-T.ca/donate.
St. Therese School of Faith and Mission is a 9-month Catholic post-secondary school of faith formation. Our goal is to engage the student in a personal encounter with the person of Christ, following in the footsteps traced for us by St. Thérèse of Lisieux, so that the student may in turn draw all whom they meet into a similar encounter with the person of Christ.
The program at St. Therese includes daily prayer and sacraments, community living, and a curriculum that consists of classes such as theology, church history, philosophy, scripture, etc. All of these are lived out in a spirituality of humility, surrender, and trust in the Lord through St. Thérèse’s “Little Way of Holiness”. Everything that we do at St. Therese Institute is oriented towards growing in personal holiness. St. Thérèse teaches that “God does not look at the greatness of our actions, but rather at the love in which we put into them.” St. Therese Institute is a school of love and personal faith formation, where the students learn to do all things with great love for God. Our goal is that upon completion of a year at St. Therese, no matter where our students go or what they do they are equipped to sanctify not only their own personal lives, but also the world around them through the Little Way of Holiness of St. Thérèse of Lisieux.
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding St. Therese Institute's School of Faith and Mission and the Nine-Month Faith Formation Program.
To find out more detailed information about St.T's Faith Formation Program, p...2. Purpose
The purpose of the faith formation program at St. Therese School of Faith and Mission is simply to engage the student in a personal encounter with...3. Our Patroness: St. Thérèse of Lisieux
As a model for this spirituality taught and lived at St. Therese School of Faith and Mission, we follow the example of our patroness, St. Thé...4. Spirituality
The School of Faith and Mission accomplishes the work of its mission by proposing and living a spirituality of humility, surrender and trust in the...5. Engaging the World
St. Therese School of Faith and Mission is a school for experiencing God's love. It is a school teaching us to live a life with Love. No matter w...
The core coursesstudied in the 9-month Catholic Studies for the Lay Apostolat...
Alumni are eligible to apply transfer credits towards attending c...
The cost to attend is $11,900 CAD (as of Jan. 1, 2018).This includes tuition,...
To begin the application process, just fill...