Being Apostles of Hope: Ecumenical Apologetics (Matt Nelson) - SotF 2019
"Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence." (1 Peter 3:15)
- Learn to speak to the heart of those who would like to believe in God, to believe in Christ, understand the Catholic Church, and be actively faith-filled.
- How can we answer the questions like: Can you prove the God exists? Was Jesus divine? Why does the Catholic Church teach _____? What about the reality of evil in the world?
- How do we respond charitably to the divisions that exist among the disciples of Jesus today.
- How can the work of defending the faith really be used in service of unity among all believers?
- How can apologetics be used in service of building authentic Christian unity? How can apologetics be truly ecumenical?
"Welcome the new springtime which the Spirit is now bringing about in the Church… In his gifts the Spirit is multifaceted…He breathes where he wills. He does so unexpectedly, in unexpected places, and in ways previously unheard of… but he also shows us that he works with a view to the one body and in the unity of the one body." Pope Benedict XVI
|Event Date||Sun. Apr. 28, 2019 @ 5:30 pm|
|Event End Date||Fri. May. 03, 2019 @ 5:00 pm|
|Online Registration Cut-Off||Fri. Apr. 26, 2019 @ 4:00 am|
|Early-bird Rate||$370.00 (Early-bird until Mon. Dec. 31, 2018)|
|Location||St. Therese Institute|
|Group Size (# of people)||Rate/Person($)|
|2 +||$320.00 (Early-bird until Mon. Dec. 31, 2018)) / $345.00 after deadline|