Nicholas Pierlot gives a reflection on John 20:19-23 (As the Father sent me, so am I sending you: receive the Holy Spirit) as part of our The Lord's Day Sunday Gospel reflection series.
Welcome to the ninth episode of St. Therese Institute's "A Little Way-Word" Podcast. In this episode, Jim and Nick examine the way St. Therese ends the formation program. Their discussion includes answering questions about the term ‘commissioning’ versus ‘graduation’, the theological symbolism behind some of the practices, and how the vocation to mission influences the whole event.
Saturday, May 30, 2020, from 2:00-4:00pm at www.youtube.com/user/StThereseInstitute
Join us virtually as we officially wrap up this year of the St. Therese faith formation program in honoring, praying with and for, and commissioning the 2019-2020 students.
Schedule of events:
- 2pm Live-stream Mass from the St. Therese Chapel, celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen.
- 3pm* Commissioning Blessing of all the students from this 2019-2020 formation year, a time of thanksgiving, and intercession for each individual student.
- Following the commissioning:
- Valedictorian address: Andrea Bator
- First year student testimonies: Kalista Nugent, Keelin Kennedy, Jacob Anderson, and Mathieu Gaucher.
- Second year student testimonies: Janelle Ryan and Isaac Bourke.
- Therese Apostolic Year testimony: Gabby Marshall
- Words from St. Therese Staff / Thank you’s / Closing remarks
Tune in Live Sat., May 30, 2-4pm @ www.youtube.com/user/StThereseInstitute
Some tips on “how to celebrate commissioning at home.”
We encourage you to make this day special at home for yourself as a participating student, or family/friend of the students. This is truly a communal celebration! Even though we cannot all be physically present at this time, we can certainly hold one another in each of our hearts through our union with Jesus. Here’s a few of our tips to intentionally celebrate this day!
- Hold one another in prayer, especially for the intentions of this year’s class.
- Tune In to the live-stream with your family/household. Commissioning has always been a celebration with friends and family, tuning in with those you live with is a great way to celebrate in communion.
- Dress up. Sure you can watch in your sweats, but it doesn’t it just feel good to get all fancy for such an occasion?
- Do a photo shoot. Take some photos with your family/household to help remember this day. Post on social media platforms and share with the St. Therese family how you celebrated!
- Make a special dinner. What is a celebration without a feast!
- Have a social. Have your own little local social celebration with family/household/Covid cohort after the live-stream events (virtually or in person following all local social distancing safety regulations).
What is the "Commissioning" at St. Therese?
Want to get a deeper understanding of what “commissioning” is? Tune into the latest Little Way-Word podcast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS93ZZz7r0s (premiere's Wed., May 27 @ 10am CT/MDT).
Welcome to the eighth episode of St. Therese Institute's "A Little Way-Word" Podcast. Nick and special guest Christian discuss SANITY AND SANCTITY: the lessons learned about life, love and the little way from the book "The Love that Keeps Us Sane". Catch the episode premiere Wed. May 20 @ 10:00AM CT/MDT!
Nicholas Pierlot gives a reflection on Matthew 28: 16-20 ("Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...") as part of our The Lord's Day Sunday Gospel reflection series.
Nicholas Pierlot gives a reflection on John 14: 15-21 ("I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you for ever...") as part of our The Lord's Day Sunday Gospel reflection series.
Go deeper into the Sunday Gospel, and make "keeping holy the Sabbath" a more important part of your life and the life of your family, household or community.
One way that we strive to do this in St. Therese Institute's faith formation program is by inviting our students to participate in a weekly "The Lord's Day Celebration".
Welcome to the seventh episode of St. Therese Institute's "A Little Way-Word" Podcast.. Nick and special guest Christian will be discussing BOARD GAMES & FAITH. Catch the episode premiere Wed. May 13 @ 10:00AM CT/MDT!
Nicholas Pierlot gives a reflection on John 14: 1-12 ("I am the way, and the truth, and the life") as part of our The Lord's Day Sunday Gospel reflection series.
A Celebration of the Word of God
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
For more information about the programs, courses, conferences and resources that St. Therese Institute has to offer, please visit the other pages on this site, or like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.