"The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emily Bourke (John 20:19-23, Pentecost, May 23, 2021) Featured
Emily Bourke, one of our amazing Second-Year Students, shares her reflection on this Sunday's GOSPEL READING for The Feast of Pentecost, MAY 23, from JOHN 20:19-23. This concludes our series of student reflections until Fall 2021. Thanks for watching & listening!
Readings for Sunday, May 23:
- First Reading: Acts 2:1-11
- Responsorial: Psalm 104:1,24,29-31,34
- Second Reading: 1 Corinthians 12:3b-7, 12-13 -or- Galatians 5:16-25
- Gospel Reading: John 20:19-23 -or- John 15:26-27, 16:12-15
May #GodBless you as you prepare your hearts and homes to celebrate The Lord's Day!
For more information on our "The Lord's Day" Celebration or to download a printable copy of our "The Lord's Day" prayer guide please see An Introduction to "The Lord's Day" Celebration at www.St-T.ca/LordsDay
To make a tax-deductible donation to St. Therese Institute in support of our programming, please visit www.StTherese.ca/Donate
To assist in this time, St. Therese Institute would like to share some additional resources to keep your Sabbath day holy.
- Magnificat has made available a free, online subscription to their monthly publication of daily prayer, mass readings, and reflections by saints and pertinent theologians. A free PDF of the Sunday mass readings (using the NAB translation), with reflections, a form of liturgy of the hours, etc. is available at this link: ENGLISH https://us.magnificat.net/free FRENCH https://canada.magnificat.net/
As quoted from their website, Magnificat is:
"... a spiritual guide to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Christ, and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor."
Magnificat is a monthly publication designed for daily use, to encourage both liturgical and personal prayer. It can be used to follow daily Mass and can also be read at home or wherever you find yourself for personal or family prayer."
- Another good resource is Universalis.com. This is a free web resource that contains the Liturgy of the Hours and the daily mass readings with helpful instructions and various service. As well, one can use Canada's lectionary by selecting it in the settings.
- Also, the Canadian Council of Catholic Bishops has published a complete calendar of readings for the 2020-2021 church year (downloadable PDF).
It is our hope that these resources may support your life of prayer and devotion.
- 2021-05-23 - Emily Bourke.txt (84 Downloads)