"The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emilie Edmondson (Mark 1:12-15, for Feb. 21, 2021) Featured
Second-year student, Emilie Edmondson, shares a reflection on the Gospel reading for Sunday, February 21, the First Sunday of Lent, from Mark 1:12-15 as our "The Lord's Day" Sunday Gospel reflections 2020-2021 series presents the reflections on this year's Lenten readings.
Readings for Sunday, February 21:
First Reading: Genesis 9:8-15
Responsorial: Psalm 24(25):4-6,7b-9
Second Reading: 1 Peter 3:18-22
Gospel Acclamation: Mt4:4
Gospel Reading: Mark 1:12-15
To make a tax-refundable donation to St. Therese Institute in support of our programming, please visit www.StTherese.ca/Donate
To assist in this time, St. Therese Institute would like to share some additional resources to keep your Sabbath day holy.
- Magnificat has made available a free, online subscription to their monthly publication of daily prayer, mass readings, and reflections by saints and pertinent theologians. A free PDF of the Sunday mass readings (using the NAB translation), with reflections, a form of liturgy of the hours, etc. is available at this link: ENGLISH https://us.magnificat.net/free FRENCH https://canada.magnificat.net/
As quoted from their website, Magnificat is:
"... a spiritual guide to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Christ, and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor."
Magnificat is a monthly publication designed for daily use, to encourage both liturgical and personal prayer. It can be used to follow daily Mass and can also be read at home or wherever you find yourself for personal or family prayer."
- Another good resource is Universalis.com. This is a free web resource that contains the Liturgy of the Hours and the daily mass readings with helpful instructions and various service. As well, one can use Canada's lectionary by selecting it in the settings.
- Also, the Canadian Council of Catholic Bishops has published a complete calendar of readings for the 2020-2021 church year (downloadable PDF).
It is our hope that these resources may support your life of prayer and devotion.
Latest from StT Admin
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emily Bourke (John 2:13-25, for March 7, 2021)
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Zachary Lunghammer (Mark 9:2-10, for Feb. 28, 2021)
- Patience & Unholy Time-Travel — A LITTLE WAY-WORD Podcast — Episode 26
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Rachel Vandermeer (Mark 1:40-45, for Feb. 14, 2021)
- Poustinia of the Heart — A LITTLE WAY-WORD Podcast — Episode 25
Login to post comments