"The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Rachel Vandermeer (Mark 13:33-37, for Nov. 29, 2020) Featured
Second-year student, Rachel Vandermeer, shares a reflection on the Gospel reading for Sunday, November 29, the First Sunday of Advent from Mark 13:33-37 (The Necessity for Watchfulness) as our 2020-2021 series of "The Lord's Day" Sunday Gospel reflections continues.
Readings for Sunday, November 29, the First Sunday of Lent:
- First Reading: Isaiah 63:16-17,64:1,3-8
- Responsorial: Psalm 79(80):2-3,15-16,18-19
- Second Reading: 1 Corinthians 1:3-9
- Gospel Reading: Mark 13:33-37
May #GodBless you as you prepare your hearts and homes to celebrate The Lord's Day! For more information on our "The Lord's Day" Celebration or to download a printable copy of our "The Lord's Day" prayer guide please see An Introduction to "The Lord's Day" Celebration at www.St-T.ca/LordsDay
To make a tax-refundable donation to St. Therese Institute in support of our programming, please visit www.StTherese.ca/Donate
To assist in this time, St. Therese Institute would like to share some additional resources to keep your Sabbath day holy.
- Magnificat has made available a free, online subscription to their monthly publication of daily prayer, mass readings, and reflections by saints and pertinent theologians. A free PDF of the Sunday mass readings (using the NAB translation), with reflections, a form of liturgy of the hours, etc. is available at this link: ENGLISH https://us.magnificat.net/free FRENCH https://canada.magnificat.net/
As quoted from their website, Magnificat is:
"... a spiritual guide to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Christ, and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor."
Magnificat is a monthly publication designed for daily use, to encourage both liturgical and personal prayer. It can be used to follow daily Mass and can also be read at home or wherever you find yourself for personal or family prayer."
- Another good resource is Universalis.com. This is a free web resource that contains the Liturgy of the Hours and the daily mass readings with helpful instructions and various service. As well, one can use Canada's lectionary by selecting it in the settings.
It is our hope that these resources may support your life of prayer and devotion.
Latest from StT Admin
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emily Bourke (John 2:13-25, for March 7, 2021)
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Zachary Lunghammer (Mark 9:2-10, for Feb. 28, 2021)
- Patience & Unholy Time-Travel — A LITTLE WAY-WORD Podcast — Episode 26
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emilie Edmondson (Mark 1:12-15, for Feb. 21, 2021)
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Rachel Vandermeer (Mark 1:40-45, for Feb. 14, 2021)