"The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Emilie Edmondson (Matthew 25:14-30, for Nov. 15, 2020) Featured
Second-year student, Emilie Edmondson, shares a reflection on Matthew 25:14-30 (The Parable of the Talents) in the inaugural video in our 2020-2021 school year's "The Lord's Day" Sunday Gospel reflection series.
To assist in this time, St. Therese Institute would like to share some resources to keep your Sabbath day holy.
- Magnificat has made available a free, online subscription to their monthly publication of daily prayer, mass readings, and reflections by saints and pertinent theologians. A free PDF of the Sunday mass readings (using the NAB translation), with reflections, a form of liturgy of the hours, etc. is available at this link: ENGLISH https://us.magnificat.net/free FRENCH https://canada.magnificat.net/
As quoted from their website, Magnificat is:
"... a spiritual guide to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Christ, and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor."
Magnificat is a monthly publication designed for daily use, to encourage both liturgical and personal prayer. It can be used to follow daily Mass and can also be read at home or wherever you find yourself for personal or family prayer."
- Another good resource is Universalis.com. This is a free web resource that contains the Liturgy of the Hours and the daily mass readings with helpful instructions and various service. As well, one can use Canada's lectionary by selecting it in the settings.
It is our hope that these resources may support your life of prayer and devotion.
- First Reading – Proverbs 31:10-13,19-20,30-31
- Responsorial – Psalm 127(128):1-5
- Second Reading – 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
- Matthew 25:14-30
Matthew 25:14-30 – Sunday Gospel Reflection – 33rd Sunday of Ordinary Time
Emilie Edmondson, Second-year Student
November 15, 2020
Latest from StT Admin
- "The Lord's Day" Gospel Reflection by Zachary Lunghamer (Matthew 25:31-45, for Nov. 22, 2020)
- Spiritual Heartburn & The Road to Emmaus — A LITTLE WAY WORD Podcast — Episode 19
- The Impact of Pope St. John Paul II — A LITTLE WAY WORD Podcast — Ep. 18
- Notice of ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- A 'LITTLE' SELF AWARENESS: APPRECIATING THE FOUR TEMPERAMENTS — A LITTLE WAY WORD Podcast — Ep. 17