The Angelus Featured
Happy Feast of the Solemnity of the Annunciation (March 25)!
One of the favorite traditional prayers that we use here at St. Therese is The Angelus, which we recite before meals as part of our meal-time grace . The prayer recalls the Annunciation, the Archangel Gabriel appearing to Mary, announcing that she would be the mother of the expected Emmanuel, and Mary's "Fiat, Yes!". The Angelus prayer was traditionally recited three times daily: 6:00am, 12:00pm and 6:00pm, and in some places. the church bell was rung, calling the faithful to prayer.
If you would like to start making use of this prayer in your home, feel free to download and print a copy of our Meal-Time Prayer Card (PDF 6.2MB).
- Meal-Time Prayer Card - Angelus & Graces.pdf (183 Downloads)
Latest from StT Admin
- Covid-19 Update for 2020-2021 Formation Program
- KEEP IT SECRET, KEEP IT SAFE — The Jim and Nick "A Little Way-Word" Podcast Episode #11
- Scattering Beauty - Commissioning Roses and the 2020 Corpus Christi procession
- OVERWORKED AND UNDERPRAYED — The Jim and Nick "A Little Way-Word" Podcast Ep10
- Student Reflections (from the Class of 2020)